Life With Aly & Luke: A Real Mom Moment        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Real Mom Moment

This is a perfect example of life as a real mom. We were headed to Walmart when I commented to Aly what a beautiful day it was, to which she replied, "Let's go to the park and THEN Walmart! Is that a great idea?" It was the perfect opportunity for a shining mom moment! I assured Aly that it was in fact a great idea and off we went.


While Aly played, I plopped Luke in a baby swing and he immediately started laughing his little head off. The higher I pushed him, the more he laughed. He was reaching his hand in the air, feeling the wind, while the beautiful fall leaves blew in the breeze. "What a perfect afternoon," I thought to myself. "What a great mom I am, creating all of these memories for my children. I need to document this extra special moment!" And then of course, out came the iPhone and as soon as I hit record, he stopped laughing, which is what I was hoping to capture. He had been laughing when he was swinging high, so I decided to give him a little push...



Oops.


Instant reminder that life as a mom isn't always picture (or video in this case) perfect. Just so you know, Luke was not injured in any way. He wasn't nearly as scared as I was when his body flopped forward and I was just sure he was going to come tumbling out of the swing and hit the ground. It wasn't the "perfect" afternoon I was hoping for, but it was time spent with my two favorite little people in the world. And whether that time is spent on a gorgeous fall afternoon at the park, wheeling through Walmart trying to prevent the next fit from being thrown, or a lazy day in our pajamas, I am thankful for that time. So, so thankful!

No comments: