I am so blessed. I can't believe I have a daughter. A healthy, beautiful, smart, funny, loving daughter. I am her mom. For the rest of her life, when she refers to her mom, that's me. I can't describe the joy that she brings to my life every single day. I can't even put it into words how much I love sharing my life with her. I love watching her sleep, chew her food, play with a doll, run through the yard, greet a stranger and sing her favorite songs. When she was a newborn I was always afraid that feeling would go away, but it hasn't. In fact, it continues to grow stronger every day.
I have learned so much since I became a parent. Every day I spend with her is an eye-opening realization of how much God loves me. He loves me so much more than I love Aly! So much more than I could ever comprehend. It blows my mind! If he loves me that much, why wouldn't he forgive my sins, carry me through my every challenge, listen to my every thought, and meet my every need no matter how low of a priority I sometimes make Him? While I never want to see Aly hurt or sad, I know I can't shelter her from all of those experiences because they will make her who she is ultimately called to be. I will always have her best interest at heart and I will always try to look at the bigger picture of her life. No matter what decisions or mistakes she makes, I won't ever love her any less. I would easily give my life for her. Having a child of my own has truly helped me to better understand my relationship to my heavenly Father and it is unbelievably comforting. In the same way, He loves Aly as much as He loves me. He will take care of her. He will be there for her in the same way He has been there for me. It's now our job as her parents to make sure she knows it. I am so thankful to have been given the responsibility of raising this precious girl.

1 comment:
AWWW! Rob!! We miss her!!!! I love that sweet little thang so much! xoxo
Post a Comment