
I caught my second stomach virus of the year this week. Unfortunately, it comes with my job. Donny and Aly went to the store to buy me the usual Gatorade and saltines that are needed with this sort of illness. While they were in the car on the way there Aly said to her daddy, "Let's get Mommy a lemon for feel better." A lemon. I have no idea where she got the idea that lemons make you feel better when you are sick, but of course Donny went along with it. He said she held the lemon through the whole store and all the way home. When they got home, she came bursting through the door and proudly presented me with the lemon "for feel better". The funny thing is that just having something in my hand that I knew was straight from her little heart did make me feel better. Then she told me to smell it and you know what? It actually cured some of my nausea. She knew what she was talking about. For the next couple of days when she saw me lying on the couch or looking like I didn't feel good she would say, "Mommy, where's your lemon? I go get it for you. Be happy. Smile." She also picked some flowers for me outside, which are in the picture with the lemon.
Donny told her to pray for me so I would feel better. This was her prayer:
"Dear Jesus, thank you for the day. Thank you sooooo much for good sleep. Help Mommy feel better. Help Aly feel better. (She's had a cough.) Amen."
Wow!!! She's really starting to get it. I am so thankful that at such a young age she is already learning that when something is wrong, you ask Jesus for help and you believe that he will make it right. We all need to be reminded of this every now and then.

1 comment:
I love that little girl. Dan just had a lemon delivered to my office (via Levi Powell) because I wasn't feeling very good today. Thanks Al!
Love you guys and hope you feel better! ; )
Post a Comment