Life With Aly & Luke: Mommy Goes Back to School        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Monday, April 2, 2007

Mommy Goes Back to School


Well, here we are. April 1st sure came quickly. I am flooded with emotion right now as I sit here at 10:28 the night before my maternity leave ends and I leave Aly for the first time. Donny's parents have graciously made the trip to Springdale to keep her for the next two weeks. Donny's mom is cooking dinner every night, which will be a huge plus. I can't wait to see my 28 other kids in the morning. I really have missed them so much and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with them. I just wish Aly could come with me! I know, I know, I will miss her much more than she will miss me and she won't even remember that I'm gone, but it's still a little sad. I'm just so lucky that I am leaving her to go back to my dream job. God has blessed me so much and I am so grateful for every second of the last 15 weeks. Pray for me as I make the transition from Mommy to teacher and back again. I really want to be 100% there for my kids at school and 100% there for Aly and Donny when I get home. Pray that I won't be too worn out for either!
This picture is of Aly's visit to Mommy's classroom to get ready for the big day back. She wasn't much help. She just slept the whole time.

1 comment:

Christina Livingston said...

Hey Robin, I will most definately pray for you! I don't know how you or Shelly are doing it , going back to work, but I'm gald you get to do what you love and be a mom!! Not many people get to do that! Hope to see that little angel soon!
love ya, Christina