As I was looking back over my blog posts I found this draft. I'm not sure why I never posted it, but I don't want to forget all of these emotions!
Then the momma in me kicks in. I hope she's nice to everyone. I hope they are nice to her. I hope she uses her manners and follows the rules and doesn't get hurt on the big kid playground equipment. I hope she makes friends easily and isn't too shy. I hope she doesn't drive her teacher crazy reminding her that her mom is down the hall. I hope she doesn't hear bad words or isn't told something I'm not ready to explain yet. I hope she is prepared. I hope she is happy.
Oh, how I have changed my thinking. I'm hoping this experience will make me more understanding to the parents of my own students and will ultimately make me a better teacher. It's not easy letting go of your babies, no matter how old they are. I know this is the first step in letting her go and letting her be her own person. I love the little gal she's turned out to be. She loves Jesus, her family, her friends, animals, music, art, playing outside, pretending, snuggling, singing and dancing. She's not perfect by any means, but she's just the way God intended her to be and I am so grateful for the first five and a half years of her life and to see how it continues to unfold from here. Good luck, my little Hunt Husky!
To follow up, Aly had an amazing first year! We struggled with getting up and getting out of the house, but it was nothing a little reward system couldn't fix! She loved her teacher and made so many new friends. I was truly impressed with how much she learned and loved getting to see her walk our halls with her bubble in her mouth! Now, on to 1st grade!!












No comments:
Post a Comment