
She was not into the idea of reaching into a slimy pumpkin and pulling out the insides, so I came up with a new plan. I think her "jack-o-lantern" turned out pretty cute.


She originally wanted to be a dinosaur or a shark for Halloween. I'm so glad she changed her mind and decided to be a kitty cat instead. We went to Trunk-or-Treat at church and then stayed home and handed out candy on Halloween night. This was the first year she really understood what was going on and was really excited about it.

I love so many things about this little girl. I love her silly laugh, her imagination, her singing voice, her curiosity, her love of learning, her affection towards babies and animals, her sensitivity and compassion for others, and even her slight bossiness, which I like to think of as early signs of a maternal instict. But one personality characteristic that I have really loved watching develop recently is her sincere appreciation for things that are given to her or done for her. Whether we take her some place special (Chuck E. Cheese and Little Gym still remain her favorite destinations), buy her a new toy or book, or just give her a compliment, she thanks us a thousand times, which is usually followed by a precious, "I'm so happy." There's nothing that melts my heart quite like knowing that my baby is truly happy.
These are some of my favorite recent moments:
- Out of nowhere she will stand up in the cart at Walmart to give me a hug and say, "I looove you, Mommy!"
- I know she's getting a little old, and a little tall, but I still rock her before bed every night. That is when we have our sweetest moments. The other night she said, "Mommy, your mole is so beeeeautiful!" My mole! It makes me think back to when I was little and thought everything about my mom was perfect.
- Her new saying is, "Mommy, I love you in the whole wide!" (I'm assuming she means the whole wide world.) She also says, "You are my favorite girl I've ever seen!"
- She starts every prayer the same way. "Dear Jesus, thank you for today. Thank you so much for Daddy, Mommy, and Aly... "I tear up just thinking about it.
- Donny and I were dressed up to go to a charity event and she said, "Your dress is so beautiful! Is my daddy going to dance you?" When we were shopping for the dress, I tried a blue one on and asked Aly if she liked it. She replied, "No, it's too dressy. And too bluey."










No comments:
Post a Comment