I have just experienced the proudest moment in my short time as a mother. My little girl had her first "performance" and won her first "award". We were there to watch as Aly stood proudly in front of a small crowd of people, gleamed with accomplishment, accepted her award, and smiled proudly for the parent paparazzi. It was show day at the Little Gym.



What a performer!

Aly's teacher, Miss Stephanie, gives personal attention to all of the kids during each class. She is great at her job. Whenever Aly is doing something new, she always says, "Miss Stesnee, look at me!"



How do you get ten toddlers out of a room where they are given free reign to go crazy? Offer to stamp their hands, feet, and tummies of course!

Mimi and Pops came to watch Aly and brought her flowers to congratulate her on her special day.
This little performance was just the first of many times when I will be a part of a crowd of emotional parents as my baby walks on a gymnastics mat, a stage, a basketball court, or a soccer field and shows us what kind of person she is turning out to be. Believe me, after years of watching my herd of younger siblings grow up too fast, along with past third graders who come back to visit and are a head taller than me, I fully understand how quickly time flies. What was once an ultrasound photo, is now a graduate of her gymnastics class and a pretty incredible little person. I'm not sad to see her grow up. These are truly the moments I've been ready for my whole life. I'm so happy to be a proud spectator on the sidelines, supporting her as she becomes whatever God has called her to be. I love you, Aly!




No comments:
Post a Comment