- Aly is a future American Idol contestant. It's true. She spends all day every day singing her favorite songs, which at this moment are "Sesame Street", "Sing a Song", "Jesus Loves Me", "ABC's", "Five Little Monkeys", and "Twinkle, Twinkle". She also loves dancing to American Idol and often tells us to "dance on the floor!"
- She has become very interested in learning more about Jesus. Every night before we go to sleep we have to "read 'bout Jesus", which means reading stories from her Little Girl's Bible Storybook for Mothers and Daughters, which I highly recommend. She can tell you the complete story of Adam and Eve and Noah's Ark and she names all of her babies Isaac after Abraham and Sarah's baby. I think she is finally starting to understand that Jesus wasn't always a baby.
- After we read our Bible, Aly folds her little hands, squeezes her eyes shut and thanks Jesus for everything she can think of. (From Mommy and Daddy to pufferfish and apple juice.) One night when she had a bad cold, she said, "Thank you, Jesus, for feel better."
- We are finally to the point where she can communicate just about anything to us, which is really nice. I think back to all of those times when I thought how much I wished she could just tell me what she wanted and now she can. We were in the car yesterday and she wanted to listen to her Curious George song again, for the 1,000th time. Donny and I were talking and weren't paying much attention to what she was saying until she pleaded, "Daddy, I say (said) please!"
- We walked into Mason's the other day, which is an obvious girly store if you've never been there. As soon as we walked in the door she said, "Mommy, there's no boys in here!" Excellent observation.
- She can not only recognize all of her letters of the alphabet and their sounds, but she can also spell and recognize her name! She can also recognize a circle, triangle, square, and rectangle and knows all of her colors! She loves to learn and has a great memory.
- About a week ago, she learned how to draw a smiley face! She draws a "circle, two eyes, nose, and smile"! Donny took a picture of her best one with his phone yesterday. She did this all by herself!! (Just the face, not the stick person.)

Saturday, March 28, 2009
Before I post the pictures I should have posted months ago and catch up on the last three months of Aly's life, I just want to reintroduce you to this silly little girl who has grown and learned so much. Here's the latest:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Robyn~
I'm so glad you are back!! I've missed seeing Aly grow and play. I'm so sorry for your recent loss.
Alesha Baker
I've missed blog stalking you. Glad you're back! I can't believe how big Aly is! And whatever, that first picture is totally a Robyn face.
Truth be told, we taught her that. Sorry, Rob. ; )
Post a Comment