
Aly has had quite a few difficult weeks. This is a picture from the last time she was at church, which was four weeks ago! She has had ear infections nonstop since November and has been on six different antibiotics. A couple of weeks ago, she caught a virus that was so bad that we spent four hours in the emergency room thinking it was RSV or pneumonia, but thankfully it wasn't. Then we found out at a follow-up appointment that she caught the flu from the doctor's office! Donny is still recovering from hernia surgery and shouldn't be lifting her (which he still does) and I just got over the flu myself. This morning we had tubes put in her ears, so we are hoping that this is the end of all of the ear infections. The whole procedure only lasted about nine minutes and she did great. The doctor said one was just full of a watery fluid, but the other ear had fluid that was the consistency of an egg white and it would not have ever gotten better. The worst part was when she came back to us and was disoriented from the anesthesia. She just cried and cried, bless her little heart. She has done great since then and hopefully we will see a big difference in how she is feeling. We had so many people praying for her to get better and praying for her procedure to go well and we are so thankful. Even Cousin Holly prayed for "Baby Alyson" at every meal and at bedtime. There's nothing like the faith of a child!

4 comments:
I'm so glad you are all on the road to recovery. Praying that Little Alyson feels completely well soon!
Alesha
awwww, that is so sad!!!! but i'm happy that she will be feeling better soon. there has just been so much that is going around it seems like we are sick all of the time.
Aly has been in my prayers for so long now. I am so glad things are getting better! It breaks my heart to hear about her being sick. She is such a sweet pea! I love you guys and hope Aly and Donny are all better!
Well, I'm glad you guys are getting better. I did not know she had to have tubes in her ears, poor baby!!
Post a Comment